DramaQueen 1.3 – Update-Report
This update contains new features and fixes bugs:
- Automatic detection and assignment of plotlines!
(DramaQueen PLUS and PRO)
The foundation for this feature
established the previous version with its automatic detection of
characters within each scene. Now you can define the central characters
of each plotline in the Plotlines panel – DramaQueen takes care of the
rest (if you like). The automatic detection can be carefully tweaked.
- The Final Draft import and export have been vastly
improved. Not only have various problems been addressed, it will also
transfer between a lot more text elements. DramaQueen
imports and exports Final Draft “Scene Titles” as scene outlines,
as well as “Scene Summaries” as the treatment text level.
Even ScriptNotes will be im- and exported. Most of the text formatting
options will be regarded by DramaQueen. For reasons of consistency,
DramaQueen will still enforce the strict script layout standard of the
Writers’ Guild concerning margins and spacing, though.
- The list of characters is consistently sorted by frequency of
occurrence in all contexts.
- The Plotlines panel will take on the color of the selected
plotline. In addition the plotline’s color will be shown before each
plotline in the list.
- Again all crashes have been fixed for which we received error-
reports in the meantime, including one involving the context menu
of the Texts panel.
- Problems involving text editing on the title page have been fixed,
including one where entering a line break there disabled the Undo
feature for the document.
- The plotline color dots in the Outline panel will be updated
when a plotline is deleted (or when the deletion is undone).
- Bug with “Create new character” in the Storytelling panel has
- Unintended interdependency when formatting paragraph types
has been fixed.
- When starting DramaQueen, a specific problem with the Internet
connection could lead DramaQueen to freeze up.
- When opening the Help panel without an Internet connection on Mac
OS, an error message was shown for each embedded video. If one didn’t
unflinchingly click ten times OK, DramaQueen would have appeared to be
stuck in an endless loop. An appropriate message will now be shown
in place of the videos when off-line.
- Additional potential problems with the Internet connection have been
addressed, so that working with DramaQueen remains unaffected.
- Double-clicking a word at the end of a paragraph now selects the
whole word including its last character.
- When dragging scenes between documents that are different versions
of the same original document stored in separate files, the action
will no longer be blocked with the message that the scene is already
part of the story.
- A problem has been fixed with the order of turning points in the
Outline and Dramatic Chart, if turning points had been assigned to
steps or scenes, and the affiliation of those elements to the respective
plotline was changed.
- On Mac OS, the Help panel sometimes didn’t render the contents
and remained white, especially while typing in the search field.
Comments are closed.