DramaQueen 3.3 – Update-Report
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL WINDOWS-USERS: DELETE OLD DRAMAQUEEN INSTALLATION
DramaQueen is now a 64-bit program. This means it is getting installed into “Program Files” by default. The previous version is installed in “Program Files (x86)” and is therefore not getting automatically overwritten (like in all earlier updates).
To prevent the old version from opening, please proceed as follows:
– In Windows Explorer, click on the “C:” drive, look in “Programs (x86)” and find the “DramaQueen” folder. (Check for safety that there are no project files (filename.dq) of yours in there).
– Now delete the whole “DramaQueen” folder. Done :)
If you didn’t install DramaQueen in the standard location “Program Files (x86)”, please apply these instructions accordingly.
If you need to unlock your DramaQueen license again and don’t have your unlock code at hand, just write to email@example.com and we will send it to you immediately.
In case you had a link to DramaQueen (e.g. on the desktop or the taskbar), you have to re-create it. You can start DramaQueen from the “Program Files” folder and chose the “Pin to taskbar” option from the right-click menu.
This update contains new features, improvements and bug fixes.
A number of new functionalities have been added to the Board panel (available in DramaQueen PRO) in order to allow a seamless transition from plotting to writing or from the Overview to the Texts panel:
- In addition to the grid arrangement, the cards in the Board can now also be displayed in line mode. The number of lines per card is freely selectable (gear menu option ‘Lines of text per card’).
- Also new is the possibility to display and edit the actual text from the Text panel (and not only the summaries) in the cards (gear menu option ‘Card contents’ -> ‘Text’). Accordingly, more card sizes are now offered with a larger maximum size.
- The Board panel has a new context menu with comprehensive options (right mouse button click on card). Some options also allow multiple selection, so you can delete, move into archive, cut, copy and paste all selected elements at once.
- The cards can now also show the tags as well as the assignment of the steps or scenes to several storylines. (Previously, only the complete coloring of the cards in the color of one storyline was possible.) The storylines are displayed as color circles at the top right of each card, the tags to the left.
- The Board can now be configured separately from the Overview panel (via its own gear menu). This affects the options ‘Numbering’, ‘Card contents’, ‘Summaries’ and ‘Tags’ (including submenus).
- It is now possible to work with multiple Board panels that are configured differently. For example, two boards can be set up side by side, displaying different levels and/or card contents.
- In the Texts panel, the keyboard shortcuts Alt+↑ and Alt+↓ can be used to jump to the previous or next elements.
- If one customizes the structure, now also the colorings are also taken over.
- In the ‘Story Arc’ section of the Storylines panel, the drop-down options of the turning-points are now more clearly named: ‘Turn to the positive / negative’ (instead of just ‘Positive’ or ‘Negative’). In addition, the description fields now visually subordinate themselves better to the turning-points to which they refer.
- Subdivided steps or scenes which are not part of the story get an asterisk (*) as enumeration just like with regular steps or scenes.
- The Board panel now always updates directly after each change. Previously, the Board panel had to be closed and reopened first.
- An infrequent crash in the Annotations panel has been fixed.
- Eliminates a crash that could happen in the Windows version in conjunction with accessibility methods.
- In the Overview panel, elements are no longer placed wrongly when dragging them onto an unassigned turning-point while a custom structure model was or is active.
- Column headings are updated in the Board panel when just the number of an element changes which serves as a heading.
- A crash has been fixed that could happen while using the font selection.
- Adding new scenes or chapters to a globally activated storyline no longer inserts the elements also into the story because their parent element is already part of the story.
- Fixes a crash that could happen when applying or reverting a change and navigating to the next change.
- Text changes are no longer lost in the Board panel when adding new elements via keyboard shortcut.
- Fixes a potential crash when using ENTER in the Board panel too quickly after creating a new element via keyboard shortcut.
- If multiple cards are selected in the Board panel, it is no longer necessary to click and drag the card title in order to move the cards together.
- Pasting in the Board panel now reliably inserts the pasted cards after the currently selected card.
- Selecting a drop-down option in one of the side panels no longer sometimes causes the panel to scroll back up.