DramaQueen BETAThank you for your interest in the “Open BETA” program. There is currently no BETA version available of the coming DramaQueen release.
DramaQueen 3.0.0 BETA 2
Thanks for being here! Check out DramaQueen 3.0 BETA 1 and discover the new features for plotting and structuring. We have unlocked a free trial period for all BETA testers until the beginning of March! The trial period is effective for everybody, no matter if you already own a DramaQueen license or not. Please read directly below concering the compatibility of documents!
Important information about 3.0.0 BETA 2
- The documents that you save with the BETA version may not be 100% compatible with older versions of DramaQueen if they contain custom structure elements.
- Some features are not completely finished in the BETA. The new serial features are not yet well integrated with specifying a range of the document when exporting or generating reports (Extras menu). In addition, the new Board panel can not yet be printed or exported.
- Read the DramaQueen 3.0.0 BETA 2 update report
Advantages and disadvantages of a BETA version
- You can start using the new features now.
- You can take influence: Your feedback helps us putting on the last tweaks.
- Bugs may surface which impact your workflow.
- When you have an important deadline coming up you should not install the BETA.
General tips for working with BETA versions
- Keep the last version of your documents from before upgrading to the BETA as separate files. The easiest way to do this is to save your document to a new file when saving it for first time with the BETA (use Save as… and not just Save). But if you want to be absolutely sure, just make a copy of the folder containing your DramaQueen documents.
- Should DramaQueen crash, always send the crash report. It contains the error log (the chain of program functions calling each other leading to the crash). Having the error log greatly improves our ability to fix the bug. In case there are certain steps which lead to the error, explain these steps in the feedback field. Keep sending more error logs even if you think you hit the same error again.
- A parallel installation two different DramaQueen versions is not recommended and is not easily possible either.
- If there happens to be a bigger problem, which surfaces with your workflow or only on your computer, you can revert back to the last official version, by simply downloading the DramaQueen installer and overwriting the BETA when installing. Make sure we know about the problem (use the Help -> Send feedback feature or write us to firstname.lastname@example.org), so that it is fixed in the next BETA or in the final release at the latest.