DramaQueen 2.7 – Update-Report
This update contains new features, improvements and fixes bugs:
- Images (i.e. .jpg, .png, .tiff, .gif) can be embedded in the text. The option Insert image is available from several places: in the toolbar, the Add main menu and the context menu.
Images may be placed like characters in the text (the text will not flow around images). And they are also deleted like characters in the text (via the delete key).
The size of an image can be changed by dragging with the mouse pointer as well as via the option Edit image from the context menu. There it is also possible to configure the spacing around the image.
Images can be inserted into the main texts, annotations as well as into the descriptions for ideas, characters, locations and storylines. Before inserting relatively large images, DramaQueen offers to scale the image down to a sufficient quality.
The inserted images are saved directly within the dq-document (unlike images added as references).
Furthermore the performance when working in documents containing large images has been greatly improved.
- The font size in all panels can be changed via two new zoom icons in the toolbar as well as via the option Font size in the gear menu.
- References are embedded into PDFs and also printed from the various reports.
- References can be renamed by clicking the name of an already selected reference.
- References in the form of linked files can be found on another computer, when they have the same relative path to the document – for example when they are located in a project folder together with the document.
- Multiple selected references can be opened at once.
- The alignment, indentation, and list icons are now also available in the main texts.
- The new option “Total page count” is available in page headers and footers. This allows to express “Page X of Y”.
- After exporting a document into another file format (i.e. as PDF), the resulting file will automatically open in their dedicated program.
- The efficiency of spell checking has been greatly improved. Errors are always quickly shown, regardless of which part of the text is shown after loading long documents. “Stalling” due to the activated spelling checker are a thing of the past. Typing quickly produces much less flickering of spell-checking underlines.
- Via context menu in the text, it is furthermore possible to ignore individual words or text regions marked by the spelling, grammar and style checking.
- Visual updates to the Overview panel are much smoother and the visual portion remains locked if possible.
- The search field in the toolbar is visible by default if the Help or Storytelling panel are activated.
- Inserting new scenes or chapters no longer removes all empty lines before or after the insert position.
- PRO: Documents open always in Story-mode and no longer with the last selected storyline to prevent confusion due to missing scenes and chapters which are hidden in the restored storyline.
- When the text carret is located in the “pre-text” and a new element is inserted, it will no longer be inserted at the end of the document, but after the pre-text.
- The options “Convert into sub-divided scene” and vice versa are only available when the outline and script are both activated.
- Transferring the plot text-level into the script or novel no longer creates potentially duplicated scenes or chapters.
- In case the only active text-level was the ‘Outline’, there were no summaries displayed with only the Overview panel open.
- The actions “Accept / reject change and jump to next” could skip directly adjacent changes.
- After using a drop-down widget in a newly opened panel, the keyboard focus could move back into another panel unexpectedly.
- Turning-points in the Overview panel were not always integrated where they could be seen, but instead collapsed with their assigned element.
- Setting another font without a selected text range and starting to type now uses the selected font.
- Inserting new text elements via shortcut at the end of scenes or the end of the text was broken.
- Characters and locations imported from another document could quickly disappear again, if these elements had been created automatically in the source document.
- The character detection failed to detect speaking characters in the script when dialogue numbering was activated.
- Inserting a new scene with the caret placed directly at the beginning of a scene got the internal caret position confused. Typing inserted text at the end of the following scene.
- Fixes a crash which could occur in certain circumstances when performing drag & drop in the Overview panel.
- Fixes a possible crash when trying to use the Find feature after the Texts panel has already been closed.
- Fixes a possible crash or the removal of the wrong panel button, when closing a temporary panel via right-click on the panel button and selecting “Close panel”.
- Opening the dialog to configure the structure could lead to a crash on Windows systems with a display scale or 150% or above.
- Fixes a very rare crash in the Texts panel.